Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Default T-Mobile Galaxy S3 finally getting Android 4.3, should I update?

Hello community,

Just checked with my phone today, and I am getting an update to Android 4.3 on my T-Mobile Galaxy S3. It sounds nice, but I have been hundreds and thousands of articles saying about battery issues, Ram issues, and etc.... about the Android 4.3 update on the Galaxy S3. Should I update, or should I hold on to it?

And umm, for those of you who owns the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999, not SGH-T999L), tell how if its working properly if you have Android 4.3 installed. Thanks.

Default Re: T-Mobile Galaxy S3 finally getting Android 4.3, should I update?

Since the U.S. version of the phone has more memory than the International version it's POSSIBLE that it may not have the same problems with the 4.3 update.

With that said, I personally wouldn't accept it until there's more data available. YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    meyerweb likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Since the U.S. version of the phone has more memory than the International version it's POSSIBLE that it may not have the same problems with the 4.3 update.

With that said, I personally wouldn't accept it until there's more data available. YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    I updated my S3, taking the risk of all those problems. It turns out to be well though, I don't see any problems with it. Although The move-to-SD card feature doesn't really work for me though.
    Thanked by:
    GSDer 

I am on tmobile uk and updated and have had lots of issues. Alarm not going off, phonr taking ages to unlock and the battery going so so quick

Posted via Android Central App

:banghead:

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    +1 I almost never volunteer to be a lab rat.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen 6.1

Got the update waiting to be installed. Still debating. It's going to change the whole look of the OS

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Just wait and see if its stable before you update I wish I had

Posted via Android Central App on my s3 GT 19300

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Miller14 View Post
    Just wait and see if its stable before you update I wish I had

Posted via Android Central App on my s3 GT 19300
    Just updated and some of my installed applications are gone. SwiftKey and Nova are what I noticed so far. I'm wondering if they are still taking up space..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk