screen went black after turning on

Nathan Georgianna

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
So i cracked my screen, on accident. Then phone got wet, on accidet. I let it dry out for a few days then I put the battery back in and it turned on and the phone and it worked fine for about an hour. After that the screen went black. The phone still works just no screen. After taking the battery out for an extended length of time and putting it back in, the phone powered up only to do the same thing. Do i need a new screen?

Diesel6401

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
So i cracked my screen, on accident. Then phone got wet, on accidet. I let it dry out for a few days then I put the battery back in and it turned on and the phone and it worked fine for about an hour. After that the screen went black. The phone still works just no screen. After taking the battery out for an extended length of time and putting it back in, the phone powered up only to do the same thing. Do i need a new screen?

U can try taking the phone apart and cleaning the screen connection with a Q-Tip and rubbing alcohol. If that doesn't work it could be the display which is $$$. At that point buying a used phone might be better option.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk