1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Motion dectection for screen shots. etc.

I have the motion turned on as well as anything else associated with it and it will not work for me at all. Not that it's a huge deal just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or maybe I don't have something checked that I should

Default Re: Motion dectection for screen shots. etc.

Are you swiping the screen with the edge of your hand, not the palm?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have tried it both ways and it doesn't work. I went into the motion settings and into learn about hand motions to even try it there and it won't work,

Do any of the other motion settings work?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Those do work, I don't find myself using those too often but the palm swipe to capture and the palm touch to mute/pause does not.

Odd. I don't know the answer, but a couple of things that are worth trying:

1. Boot into recovery*, select Clear Cache with the volume buttons, ten press the power button. Then reboot. If that doesn't work,

2. Go to the Application manager, tap the menu button, and select Reset App Preferences.

*Power the phone completely off. Simultaneously press and hold the volume UP, home and power buttons. When you see the Samsung logo (not before) release the buttons. When the phone is done booting you'll see a menu you can navigate up and down with the volume keys, and execute with the power button.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayler Beebe View Post
    but the palm swipe to capture and the palm touch to mute/pause does not.
    I'll agree that the 'palm touch to mute/pause' doesn't work for beans - it doesn't even work in the tutorial, much less with a real music app.

I haven't had any problem with the screen capture though. It's somewhat misnamed - it's more like an edge of the hand swipe to capture (act like you're going to karate chop the phone, and swipe that edge across the screen from side-to-side).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4