1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Samsung S3 Battery life - Is this normal

Hello,

I use my S3 for Normal usage (whatsapp mostly, maybe surfing a bit thru facebook and the occasional website on the opera explorer). I dont use it for anything else, and I notice that the battery lifetime rarely exceeds 13h.... is this normal? does it really last half a day? here are some screenshots (notice the screen on time... just 2:36h...)
    Just wanted to hear some opinions on this...

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung S3 Battery life - Is this normal-screenshot_2013-12-03-20-36-51.png   Samsung S3 Battery life - Is this normal-screenshot_2013-12-03-20-36-56.png   Samsung S3 Battery life - Is this normal-screenshot_2013-12-03-20-37-03.png  

Default Re: Samsung S3 Battery life - Is this normal

are you rooted? if so you may beon a custom rom that uses a lot of battery or you may have overclocked your device and that will shorten your battery life too

That doesn't seem unusual for 2 1/2 hours of screen on time, combined with a fairly week signal much of the time. The screen accounts for most of your battery usage (63% of the charge used so far, and nothing else is using a lot of battery. About all you can do is turn the brightness down, and if you have a wifi signal available make use of it.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
    dodid0 

^ Agreed - this looks pretty normal, especially since it looks like you're on a mobile data connection (running Edge speed?) rather than Wi-Fi.

Your Awake events track to your Screen On events pretty closely, so I don't see a problem there.

Cellular signal is somewhat marginal - you could use GSam Battery Monitor Pro: (there's also a free version) to look more closely at the Radio Detail if you were so inclined.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4