1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Samsung galaxy s3 getting almost too hot to touch

In the past I've had problems with my phone getting up to 94 degrees when I charged it (I have a battery monitoring app that tells me the internal temperature). But I accepted it because I figured it was just a small flaw and it always cooled down as soon as I took it off the charger. The past two times I have charged it, it had gotten up to 113 degrees, maybe more. A pop up told me the phone stopped charging because it was too hot. I picked up my phone and it was almost too hot to touch. I used to have a few problems with it getting hot in the middle of the day and dropping down but that stopped after I bought a replacement battery. I've had the replacement battery for a good few months and I haven't had any trouble with it. Another problem I've had with charging it that my phone will tell me it's 100% charged but when I take it off the charger it drops down to 82%. Please help! As much as I love my android, I might switch back to the Iphone 4 if these problems continue.

Default Re: Samsung galaxy s3 getting almost too hot to touch

Are you using the Samsung charger? Have you tried another charger? What happens if you charge it from a computer USB port?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Are you using the Samsung charger? Have you tried another charger? What happens if you charge it from a computer USB port?
    I am using the Samsung charger that came with the phone. I haven't tried another and I haven't tried using my computer USB port because it's always acted a bit odd, but I will try it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tolkienx View Post
    that stopped after I bought a replacement battery. I've had the replacement battery for a good few months and I haven't had any trouble with it.
    It sounds to me like you're having trouble with it now. Is this an official battery from Samsung, or some OEM battery from Amazon?

If you didn't buy an authentic battery from Samsung then who knows what quality product you got.

Anyway, it's possible that the problem is in the charging circuit of the phone, but my bet would be on a sub-standard battery. YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4