1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 continuously resending all my emails, help, this is eating all my data

My S3 has started resending all my emails over and over. This
    is costing me too much as all my data keeps being eaten. It started about 5 weeks ago (not sure if it was after software update). I think it must be the stock email app as the same thing has started happening with my tab 2. Is there any solution, is anyone else having the same problem.

Default Re: S3 continuously resending all my emails, help, this is eating all my data

Is this the Gmail app, or the Samsung mail app?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S3. Please forgive any typos or auto-correct errors.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Default Re: S3 continuously resending all my emails, help, this is eating all my data

I am new to android and new to android central and this is my first post so this may or may not be helpful. To answer your 2 questions.....yes I was very recently having the same problem, I was receiving between 10 and 30 old emails at a time on my S4. My temporary solution was to clean up my email client (Outlook). I backed up, made copies, and deleted all old emails. I now only receive new email alerts. Hope this helps
    Thanked by:
    GSDer 

Sorry lanetop, after reading your post again I realize we did not have the same problem. Your phone was resending emails where my phone was receiving old emails, my bad. Told you I was a noob lol

Hi Lanetop,

Just wanted to report that you're not alone - my mum has just asked me to take a look at her phone which has been doing the exact same thing. Did you have any luck finding a solution?

Out of interest, did you have any other email apps running on the phone? What kind of email account is having the problem (i.e. Hotmail, gmail, etc)?

In my case, the phone was running the Outlook app as well as the stock email app, and the problem is with an Outlook account.

-Hadyn

(knock, knock)
    Hey, lanetop.
    Are you there?
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE