1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disabling programs when roaming

It is possible to disable programs on my Galaxy 3 when I am roaming out of country?

Global Posts
    6,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Disabling programs when roaming

Welcome to the forums.

Absolutely. However, AFAIK, it won't be based on roaming vs. non-roaming. You can always go into settings--apps--all then locate the apps you want to disable, select them, and click the disable button within. Not all apps can be disabled but a great many of them can be. It might get tedius to execute this exercise every time you're roaming though.

Hopefully, a community member knows of a more appropriate solution.
    Live long and prosper.

'A more appropriate solution' totally depends on the real problem - you gave a great answer for the problem posed.

Perhaps the OP can tell us what the real issue is, like trying not to use data while roaming, etc.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

+1

If the goal is to prevent data use, the easiest thing to do might be yo go into Settings / Data usage and turn off mobile data. Or, if you want to prevent it for certain apps, go to the same settings page and scroll down. You'll see a list of all the apps that have used data since the start of your current billing period. Tap on each app, and you can choose to prevent background data usage except through WiFi on a per app basis. Note that if you do that, the app will still try to use data if you open the app and have it running in the foreground.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

+1

Someone's wrist must be feeling better :thumbup:

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4