Samsung Galaxy S3 DOA

Ben James2

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 I-9300 that I bought in February 2013. This morning I woke up to the blue LED flashing (notification of a message, etc). Hit the power button to wake it up and nothing. Tried several times to no avail. Hit the Home button and nothing there. Finally, I held the power button long enough for it to power down. Now, it won't come back up in "Safe Mode" or "Download Mode" or any mode at all. Please Help!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like the dreaded sudden death that hir some i9300s, and was supposed to have been fixed with a firmware update. Did you decide to pass on any updates in the last year?

The phone should still be under warranty, si\o I'd contact Samsung and your carrier about warranty service.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Of course, you took the battery out for a few minutes?

If you connect a charger while the phone is completely off do you see the charging graphic, and does the phone appear to be charging?

If you can't boot into Download mode you really don't have many options. You could buy a JIG as a last ditch effort to get the phone to boot into Download mode. Otherwise, a JTAG service (ex. http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-jtag-brick-repair/) might be able to recover it.

Of course, it should still be within the one year manufacturer warranty - I'm sure Samsung would be happy to give you some excuse about why they can't repair it for free, and how you damaged it by dropping it or some equally lame excuse (uh, I mean, they'd be happy to honor their warranty and just bill you for shipping, and it'll be returned in 4-6 weeks - yeah, that's what I meant!).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae