Is there a way to sync Google Play Music to the stock Samsung music player?

7nexus7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering because some of my songs are on both, but most aren't. I want to use Music Squares, but it sucks without all my music. Thanks in advance!

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No. Google uses its own proprietary music setup - even when you pin music to your phone you can't find/identify it.

So, unlike Amazon, you don't REALLY own it - you can just listen to it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No. Google uses its own proprietary music setup - even when you pin music to your phone you can't find/identify it.

So, unlike Amazon, you don't REALLY own it - you can just listen to it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

It depends.

If you bring your own music to Google Play Music, yes - you own it. The OP could copy the files to his phone and use any player of his or her choice.

If you buy music from Google Play, yes - you own it. To use another player, you'll have to download every song from the Google Play Store and manage the files outside of Google Play Music.

If you subscribe to Google Play Music All Access, no - you don't own the music. You're just renting and you have to use Google Play Music to play the songs.

7nexus7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't use All Access. I own all my songs. So I would have to use my computer to get the songs to the Music Player? I was hoping I can just do it on the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you buy music from Google Play, yes - you own it. To use another player, you'll have to download every song from the Google Play Store and manage the files outside of Google Play Music.
I stand (well, I'm lazy - I sit) corrected - thanks for the clarification.

AngrySpartan

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I get that this was a while ago, but assuming you would still like help, if you want to do it all on your phone, you could sync your other songs to Google play, simply go into google play, select the songs you would like, press the icon in the top right, select add to playlist, once you add any song to any playlist, google syncs with the other app, and allows you to play all of that music on google play.