Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  • 1 Post By Ry
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I was wondering because some of my songs are on both, but most aren't. I want to use Music Squares, but it sucks without all my music. Thanks in advance!

Posted via Android Central App
    Posted from either my Galaxy S3 or my Nexus 7 2012

Default Re: Is there a way to sync Google Play Music to the stock Samsung music player?

No. Google uses its own proprietary music setup - even when you pin music to your phone you can't find/identify it.

So, unlike Amazon, you don't REALLY own it - you can just listen to it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    Ry likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Is there a way to sync Google Play Music to the stock Samsung music player?

Thank you! That's disappointing though.

Ry

Global Posts
    8,720 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    No. Google uses its own proprietary music setup - even when you pin music to your phone you can't find/identify it.

So, unlike Amazon, you don't REALLY own it - you can just listen to it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    It depends.

If you bring your own music to Google Play Music, yes - you own it. The OP could copy the files to his phone and use any player of his or her choice.

If you buy music from Google Play, yes - you own it. To use another player, you'll have to download every song from the Google Play Store and manage the files outside of Google Play Music.

If you subscribe to Google Play Music All Access, no - you don't own the music. You're just renting and you have to use Google Play Music to play the songs.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by 2:
    7nexus7GSDer 
    7nexus7 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I don't use All Access. I own all my songs. So I would have to use my computer to get the songs to the Music Player? I was hoping I can just do it on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    If you buy music from Google Play, yes - you own it. To use another player, you'll have to download every song from the Google Play Store and manage the files outside of Google Play Music.
    I stand (well, I'm lazy - I sit) corrected - thanks for the clarification.