1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Broken galaxy S3

ok so my screen is cracked but when i turn the phone on the screen stays black !!! the led lights work and th ephone charges the sound also works!!! what do i buy to fix it?? just a screen or more??

Default Re: Broken galaxy S3

Sounds like you have a problem with a broken backlight or screen, while the rest of the phone still works. Unless you're pretty skilled at cellphone repair, I suggest bringing it in to your local cellphone repair shop to get an estimate. Unless, of course, you have insurance for your phone, in which case you should contact the insurance company and request a replacement.

- be sure to get the correct color for your phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Sounds like you have a problem with a broken backlight or screen, while the rest of the phone still works. Unless you're pretty skilled at cellphone repair, I suggest bringing it in to your local cellphone repair shop to get an estimate. Unless, of course, you have insurance for your phone, in which case you should contact the insurance company and request a replacement.
    The S3, and other phones with OLED screens, don't have backlights, unlike LCD displays. Either the display itself is broken, or a connector was knocked loose.Your advice is good, in either case.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:

Thanks, I always forget which ones have backlights. There are also situations with certain phones where some versions have an LED screen while others have an LCD (like with the )--not sure if this was ever the case with the S3.