Screen won't turn on galaxy s3. help?

violetunicorns

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I recently passed down a galaxy s3 to my daughter and it was basically brand new, about a month later she places it on the counter, it wasn't wet, face down. But then a few minutes later it shut itself down and when she tried to turn it on it came on android tone played but the screen was completely blank. Is is fixable? Help please.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try removing the battery. Now place it back in. Now press POWER, HOME, and VOLUME UP at the same time, and hold them. When the device reboots (it should do so in "Recovery Mode", does the screen turn on? If so, it's fixable. If not, then there's something wrong with the screen. It might go from a loose connector to a fried circuit or, in the worst case, a done-for AMOLED panel.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Along with the previous suggestions - turn the phone on, then call it from another phone. Does the phone ring? Can you swipe from left to right on the lower portion of the screen and answer the phone? Does the call seem normal?

If all of the above are working then it just (well, not just) needs a new screen assembly http://m.repairsuniverse.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-screen-assembly-replacement-white.html

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar