- 1 Posts
Screen won't turn on galaxy s3. help?
I recently passed down a galaxy s3 to my daughter and it was basically brand new, about a month later she places it on the counter, it wasn't wet, face down. But then a few minutes later it shut itself down and when she tried to turn it on it came on android tone played but the screen was completely blank. Is is fixable? Help please.
Posted via Android Central App
- 12-09-2013, 11:34 PM #2
Re: Screen won't turn on galaxy s3. help?
Try removing the battery. Now place it back in. Now press POWER, HOME, and VOLUME UP at the same time, and hold them. When the device reboots (it should do so in "Recovery Mode", does the screen turn on? If so, it's fixable. If not, then there's something wrong with the screen. It might go from a loose connector to a fried circuit or, in the worst case, a done-for AMOLED panel.
- 12-10-2013, 12:11 AM #3
- 4,171 Posts
- By cnotes2019 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 12Last Post: 12-13-2013, 12:39 AM
- By FLRubi in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 5Last Post: 12-12-2013, 11:48 AM
- By kmarantz in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 3Last Post: 12-10-2013, 02:33 PM
- By DJSDesign in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 12-10-2013, 03:39 AM
- By Tyler Capece in forum Android 2.3 GingerbreadReplies: 0Last Post: 12-09-2013, 10:34 PM