1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 wont charge

So I purchased my Samsung Galaxy S3 almost exactly a year ago and for some reason it will not charge. It has been stuck at 2% for 4 hours, I can not actually use the phone for anything because it will die. Any Ideas?
    EDIT: well I was reading online and someone else had the same problem, they plugged it into their computer, so i tried this and now it charges... How could something charge from the computer (using the original charging cord) but not charge when plugged into the wall? It will show up on the phone like it is being charged but wont actually charge. Thank you for all of the replies and ideas!
    Last edited by nikjan; 12-12-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 wont charge

Well, I have two thoughts:

1) The battery has gone bad and you could go buy a new one
    2) The USB port has disconnected and it will no longer charge the phone. I had that happen to my older phone as well. The solder connections get weak and eventually break from all the plugging/unplugging and then the connection the battery is lost.

I'd probably try the battery option first.

If you haven't already, try a different USB cable and a different charger. Those are more likely to fail than the phone itself.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by nikjan View Post
    they plugged it into their computer, so i tried this and now it charges
    Sounds like the little wall transformer (the part that the cable normally plugs into) is shot - for $10 or so you can buy a replacement.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4