1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry AT&T Software Update Broken: Devours Battery

Spoke with At&T Wireless Tech Support and was told there's nothing that can be done about their destructive, uneducated AT&T software updates except to issue customers who aren't satisfied, with a refurbished phone as long as they're still under warranty. I don't understand this type of customer service when 1. My phone is 98% unusable because of AT&T's defunct update that I was given no option to avoid installing on my phone and 2. I purchased a brand new Samsung Galaxy 4 months ago that AT&T busted and refuses to replace with a phone of equal value and 3. (the worst part of the deal), If within 10 days of receiving someone else's formerly busted phone, I don't send them my beautiful non-previously owned phone that I paid for directly out of its new packaging, they will add $484.00 to my bill. Well...if that isn't the tops, I don't know what is.

Default Re: AT&T Software Update Broken: Devours Battery

:banghead:
    When you have something that the folks on the forum can help you with, let us know - we're right here for you.

Welcome to the forums.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Default Re: AT&T Software Update Broken: Devours Battery

There really is no way to uninstall the firmware update. That's not an AT&T limitation. You can blame Samsung if you need to blame someone. If you haven't already, read the 4.3 threads in this forum, and the subforums. You may find fixes for your issues. If nothing else works, a factory reset generally resolves problems caused by OTA updates.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3