1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default dropped s3

Hi all
    I recently dropped my s3 and it now has a black screen. I cant see any cracks or breaks and the phone still works. I can answer calls and it makes all the usual noises when receiving messages i just cant see anything!!!
    Please help as I have been quoted 130 to have it repaired!!!

Default Re: dropped s3

If you're really handy with small tools, you could try to replace the screen assembly yourself, but it's not a trivial task.You can find videos showing how on Youtube. Other than that, your only real options are to pay to repair it, or replace it with another phone, maybe a used one.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Seeing as it had a black screen only AFTER the drop, this is most likely a hardware issue. I second what meyerweb said. Doing it yourself will cost less than 130 quid, but everything needs to be meticulously carried out, there is little to no room for mistakes as you can damage your phone even further.

Quote Originally Posted by androidforum View Post
    Seeing as it had a black screen only AFTER the drop, this is most likely a hardware issue. I second what meyerweb said. Doing it yourself will cost less than 130 quid, but everything needs to be meticulously carried out, there is little to no room for mistakes as you can damage your phone even further.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    If you're really handy with small tools, you could try to replace the screen assembly yourself, but it's not a trivial task.You can find videos showing how on Youtube. Other than that, your only real options are to pay to repair it, or replace it with another phone, maybe a used one.
    This right here. So if you're handy I would recommend doing it yourself but if you're afraid then you'll have to pay for it. Sometimes it's better to pay now than cause further damage and pay more later.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Although, you can buy a Moto G for $200 (American currency) off contract right now, so you might want to consider that. It doesn't have LTE support but that may not be a big deal depending on your carrier.

Edit: and welcome to the forums!

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4