Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Unwarranted SD Card Format Carried Out by S3 - How to Get Back Lost Files?

Sometimes, my S3 displays tantrums. It will freeze and I will be forced to do a hard reboot. This has occurred about 3-4 times out of the 6 months I've owned it. A few weeks ago, it did the exact same and when I rebooted it, it claimed my SD card(4GB Kingston) was damaged. After the incident, 100 songs disappeared from my phone. I tried all I could, I took it out, put it back in. But it still was 'damaged'. So to see if it my phone's claims were true, I took it out and stuck it into an adapter and put it into my Nikon D3100. No problem there. I then put in the Nikon's SD card into the phone and that too worked flawlessly. I went back to put in the original Kingston into my card and it worked. BUT for some reason, my daring S3 took the initiative and formatted it or erased all the data.

IDK if it was the Nikon that might have erased the data.

Sorry for the block of text but is there anything I can do to recover the mp3 files from it? My PC doesn't have an SD card port so the only connection the card has to the PC is via my S3.
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Default Re: Unwarranted SD Card Format Carried Out by S3 - How to Get Back Lost Files?

It's in the black hole, sorry. There is a 99.9% chance you wont ever get that stuff back

Default Re: Unwarranted SD Card Format Carried Out by S3 - How to Get Back Lost Files?

All of the file recovery programs I've seen require the device to be mounted as a drive, and you can't do that with Android. Your best bet is probably yo buy an external card reader for your PC. Something like these:

Good luck. And from now on back up your photos. SD cards are not archival storage.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
    GSDer likes this.

Cloud Drive: - automatically backup your pictures/videos to the cloud; 5GB free
    Drive Photo Uploader: - upload your pictures to Google Drive
    There are similar apps for Dropbox and probably other cloud services.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    All of the file recovery programs I've seen require the device to be mounted as a drive, and you can't do that with Android. Your best bet is probably yo buy an external card reader for your PC. Something like these:

Good luck. And from now on back up your photos. SD cards are not archival storage.
    My friend has an SD card port so I can use the adapter to plug it in on its own.