Galaxy S3 dead

Catalin2013

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello friends,

Sorry for making a new thread but i am little bit desperate.

I have a problem with my galaxy s3.Last night i left it with 5% battery and in the morning when i wake up the phone was shuted down,nothing special i just thought that the baterry was discharced.I puted the phone to charge and i tried to start it after an hour and the phone was still dead.I left the phone two more hours and the symthoms were the same.

When i say dead i mean that it does nothing,no light...nothing at all.

I have to mention that i tried to start the phone with another baterry and it was still dead.
I tried also to start it in boot mode by pressing power button ,volum up and home button in the same time and the phone was still dead.

What can i do in this case?..

My main problem is that i can recover my phone number that was saved in the phone.I have to tell you that i had my gmail configured on the phone,google play configured but i didn t syncronized the contacts and i am curios if the syncronizatios it is made automaticly ?
What options do I have to recover my data?

Thank you

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

When you put a different battery in the phone, was it already charged?

When you connect the charger to the phone (with either battery) do you see the charging graphic, and does it show the current battery level and charging progress?

Have you tried removing the SD card (if you have one) and SIM card (if you have one)?

What happens if you leave the battery out, connect the charger to the phone and attempt to turn it on? And then put the battery in and attempt to turn it on?

Your phone number should be associated with the phone so you won't 'lose' it - at worst, if the phone is totally dead the carrier will associate your phone number with the replacement.

If you followed normal setup procedures your Google account should automatically backup your contacts (and various other things, depending on what other Google apps you have installed). As long as you saved your contacts to your Google account rather than the phone you should have no problem restoring them should the phone need to be wiped or replaced.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Catalin2013

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

When you put a different battery in the phone, was it already charged?

Yes that battery was already charched and i put my battery in that phone and that phone started but my battery was almost disharged. Yes that battery was already charched and i put my battery in that phone and that phone started but my battery was almost disharged.

When you connect the charger to the phone (with either battery) do you see the charging graphic, and does it show the current battery level and charging progress?

No i don t see any battery level or any charging progress

Have you tried removing the SD card (if you have one) and SIM card (if you have one)?

I don`t have a SD card ,regarding the sim card i removed it.

What happens if you leave the battery out, connect the charger to the phone and attempt to turn it on? And then put the battery in and attempt to turn it on?
I just tried this sollution ,i took it out,left it 20 min out and now i will leave the phone at charging over night.

Your phone number should be associated with the phone so you won't 'lose' it - at worst, if the phone is totally dead the carrier will associate your phone number with the replacement.

I was refering to my contact phone number.I didn t made any syncronization with my google acount but i associated my phone number to my google email,to google play store and other internet accounts.
I am curious if someone can retrieve my contacts if my phone stays completely dead,maybe a specialzed servive can take them from internal memory or other tricks

If you followed normal setup procedures your Google account should automatically backup your contacts (and various other things, depending on what other Google apps you have installed). As long as you saved your contacts to your Google account rather than the phone you should have no problem restoring them should the phone need to be wiped or replaced.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Catalin2013,
If you log in to your Google account on the web you should be able to see all of your contacts - that way you'll be able to tell what, if anything, was automatically synchronized from the phone.

If the phone is working normally:
- with the battery out if you connect the charger, you should briefly see the red LED and then it'll go away (you can't actually turn the phone on at this point)
- if you then put the battery in, you'll again briefly see the red LED and then it'll go away; then you should see the static battery graphic; it'll be replaced by the battery graphic showing the current charge level and it'll show charging progress (until the screen turns off) [you can turn the phone on at this point]

Unfortunately it sounds like your phone is dead - time to see about getting a replacement (do you have insurance?) or getting it repaired (if it's still under warranty - how long have you had the phone?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith