4.3 now safe to download for s3 international unlocked?

popengchan

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I have an unlocked version of samsung galaxy s3 I9300. It's been over a month now since the 4.3 started rolling out for this device. Now, we're very all aware of the fact that the first rollout of 4.3 has lots of SERIOUS bugs that makes your S3 a very expensive paperweight.

Now cutting to the chase, weeks have gone by, almost 2 months now, some news here news there wherein such issues were taken care of, other news says even after most recent updates, problems still exist. News foretold all around. Now, as of the present time, after things have now settled down, is it now SAFE to download the 4.3 update for the unlocked international samsung galaxy s3?

Many thanks for all your help guys

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You keep stressing 'unlocked'
- what carrier are you using?
- which carrier's firmware did you originally have on it?
- are you still using the original firmware?
- do you have any plans to root, load alternate Recovery software or load custom ROMs?

To answer your SAFE question - from what I've read (I don't have an International version, nor 4.3 [not currently available on Verizon]) it sounds like the stability issues have been worked out. There are a couple of niggling quirks that can be corrected. And of course there are UI/feature changes to get used to. YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

popengchan

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
- do you have any plans to root, load alternate Recovery software or load custom ROMs?

To answer your SAFE question - from what I've read (I don't have an International version, nor 4.3 [not currently available on Verizon]) it sounds like the stability issues have been worked out. There are a couple of niggling quirks that can be corrected. And of course there are UI/feature changes to get used to. YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Uhm, first of all, I keep stressing UNLOCKED cause it doesn't have any firmware of any carrier with it originally. I mean that's what unlocked stands for right? You're asking which carrier's firmware did I have originally on it, so that's a none for an answer. Bought this on a Samsung apps in Hong Kong. To which I use different sim cards from different countries and they all work cause I travel a lot. Now my 4.3 hunting is not done by the carrier's rollout (cause I don't have a specific carrier locked to my phone) and I using kies to update my software.

Well, I have no plans to root my phone to answer your last question

Last edited:

popengchan

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Uhm, that's why I keep stressing unlocked meaning there is no ORIGINAL CARRIERS FIRMWARE originally in it. I bought it in Hong Kong as an unlocked international phone, cause i frequently change sim cards as I travel a lot.

I have no plans to root my phone to answer your last question.