sad demise of samsung galaxy 3

star78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi hope someone can help. Woke up this morning to find my phone dead as a dodo! It was fine last night battery charged and not plugged into anything but this morning cannot get even get light on when plugged into charger. Have tried with and without battery - no joy. Could it be just a dud battery or is it something more serious as there seems to be no power going through device. Phone has not been dropped or damaged in any way - please help!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi hope someone can help. Woke up this morning to find my phone dead as a dodo! It was fine last night battery charged and not plugged into anything but this morning cannot get even get light on when plugged into charger. Have tried with and without battery - no joy. Could it be just a dud battery or is it something more serious as there seems to be no power going through device. Phone has not been dropped or damaged in any way - please help!

Welcome to the forums.
You can try a new battery, that would be the most inexpensive method to check. If you have a friend that has an S3 as well, I am pretty sure those batteries are the same across carriers. Ask to try it for a minute, if it works, then its the battery.
If the new/borrowed battery doesn't work, then for whatever reason, your phone suffered from sudden death, in which case, I do not believe there is much chance of reviving it.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
If you're by a phone store they'll likely pop a battery in for you just to check it.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
this morning cannot get even get light on when plugged into charger
If you remove the battery, then connect the charger, you should get a brief red LED. If that doesn't even come on then it sounds like the phone is toast (unless the charger suddenly died or the micro-USB port got jacked up).

What model is it?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro