Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ffejjj
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question sad demise of samsung galaxy 3

Hi hope someone can help. Woke up this morning to find my phone dead as a dodo! It was fine last night battery charged and not plugged into anything but this morning cannot get even get light on when plugged into charger. Have tried with and without battery - no joy. Could it be just a dud battery or is it something more serious as there seems to be no power going through device. Phone has not been dropped or damaged in any way - please help!

Global Posts
    13,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: sad demise of samsung galaxy 3

Quote Originally Posted by star78 View Post
    Hi hope someone can help. Woke up this morning to find my phone dead as a dodo! It was fine last night battery charged and not plugged into anything but this morning cannot get even get light on when plugged into charger. Have tried with and without battery - no joy. Could it be just a dud battery or is it something more serious as there seems to be no power going through device. Phone has not been dropped or damaged in any way - please help!
    Welcome to the forums.
    You can try a new battery, that would be the most inexpensive method to check. If you have a friend that has an S3 as well, I am pretty sure those batteries are the same across carriers. Ask to try it for a minute, if it works, then its the battery.
    If the new/borrowed battery doesn't work, then for whatever reason, your phone suffered from sudden death, in which case, I do not believe there is much chance of reviving it.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

If you're by a phone store they'll likely pop a battery in for you just to check it.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by star78 View Post
    this morning cannot get even get light on when plugged into charger
    If you remove the battery, then connect the charger, you should get a brief red LED. If that doesn't even come on then it sounds like the phone is toast (unless the charger suddenly died or the micro-USB port got jacked up).

What model is it?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    Golfdriver97 likes this.