Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default not registered on network

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini (unlocked EUR), Model GT-I8190N, Android version 4.1.2 (Consumer Cellular service - my daughter got a Galaxy Y and it works great!)

I got it to recognize my wifi at home but wouldn't use 3g outside. When I went to another location with wifi, it told me "not registered on network". I could get internet but not make a phone call. I did a factory reset and it updated. Now I get "not registered" at home.

What can I do? what other information can I give you? I am really not savvy to any smart phone "stuff". I wanted to add my sim, use my phone and learn about it on the way.
    I've read some posts that say to use the file "ariza_JBv02.zip" . What does it do? Is this the right thing for my problem? I'm really afraid to mess it up.
    I'm hoping someone can help me.
    Thank you

Default Re: not registered on network

Did you get this from the carrier (Consumer Cellular)? If so, I would contact them. Actually, I would probably contact them anyway. It sounds like maybe the SIM isn't being recognized by CC.

But you're in the main S3 forum, and the S3 Mini is really a different phone. You might try asking in the S3 mini forum: Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    sapphirewishes likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks, I'll try
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you! You gave me the only answer I understood and it seems to have been the problem.
    (The mini forum guys were not helpful)