Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default not registered on network

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini (unlocked EUR), Model GT-I8190N, Android version 4.1.2 (Consumer Cellular service - my daughter got a Galaxy Y and it works great!)

I got it to recognize my wifi at home but wouldn't use 3g outside. When I went to another location with wifi, it told me "not registered on network". I could get internet but not make a phone call. I did a factory reset and it updated. Now I get "not registered" at home.

What can I do? what other information can I give you? I am really not savvy to any smart phone "stuff". I wanted to add my sim, use my phone and learn about it on the way.
    I've read some posts that say to use the file "ariza_JBv02.zip" . What does it do? Is this the right thing for my problem? I'm really afraid to mess it up.
    I'm hoping someone can help me.
    Thank you

Default Re: not registered on network

Did you get this from the carrier (Consumer Cellular)? If so, I would contact them. Actually, I would probably contact them anyway. It sounds like maybe the SIM isn't being recognized by CC.

But you're in the main S3 forum, and the S3 Mini is really a different phone. You might try asking in the S3 mini forum: Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks, I'll try
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you! You gave me the only answer I understood and it seems to have been the problem.
    (The mini forum guys were not helpful)