1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 - "application cannot be installed in the default install location"

I updated to Android 4.3 on my Galaxy S3 (ATT), and now I get this error whenever I try to install or update an app in the play store:'

"application cannot be installed in the default install location"

I do not have an SD card (everything internal).

I would have thought there might be a setting about whether to download apps to the SD card or internal, but I don't see it anywhere.

HELP!

Thanks,
    Mike

Default Re: Galaxy S3 - "application cannot be installed in the default install location"

Did you ever find a solution to this problem...Im having the same isuue
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Galaxy S3 - "application cannot be installed in the default install location"

Yes, I'm very embarrassed to admit that I ran out of space on my internal storage. I got side tracked by mr. google suggesting more exotic causes, but in the end, it was as simple as that!

(Sorry, I should have posted back the outcome. Thanks for asking!)

I am having the exact same problem and it is still saying that: "app cant install in the default location". I have deleted all the apps that I dont use any more and it is still same. I am just wondering but where is your internal storage place?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

How much free space do you have on internal storage?

When I go to settings; application manager; and says "device memory", it says that I used 12GB and 212MB free.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

212 MB free is NOT enough. That's your problem. Delete some stuff (probably video's which is taking the most space)

YESS!!! Thank you so much. Turns out that it wad the photos that was doing that! Thanks again. This was much help.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks for reporting back. I've received so many answers here; it is a thrill to be able to help someone else! You made my evening!

-Mike

Haha. Well you are welcome, but thank you very much for helping me. This was much help. And I was gladly to respond to this.