Camera won't zoom since update

Superduperliscious

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with camera not zooming? It has only started happening after the latest update. It says it can't zoom in its current mode. It will zoom when put on video but not on camera.

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Are you talking about un-pinch to zoom? Or was there a different way that you got the camera to zoom?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

souleem

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Superduperliscious, I use pinch to zoom and my zoon is working okay.

Did you receive notice of a new update yesterday or today?

Alma

Superduperliscious

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Ahhh. I just tried to zoom with pinch to screen and it works. Yay. I was doing it the old way with the button on side of phone.

I got notification of update about 4 days ago.

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am not a English speaker, so, I don?t know what means "with pinch"
Place two fingers (the thumb and forefinger work best) on the screen while in the Camera view, and move the two towards each other while keeping them in contact with the screen. Another word for it would be to squeeze them together. This will cause the picture to zoom in (you'll see a zoom factor on the screen while you do this.
ta5epesu.jpg
You can also use the Volume rocker to zoom in and out.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Snigdha Singh

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
My problem turned out to be the fact that I had changed my home page display to Easy Mode. Zoom does not work in this mode. You must go back to Standard Mode on your home page display

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I had changed my home page display to Easy Mode. Zoom does not work in this mode.
Strange - I just changed to 'Starter mode' (that's what it's called on the 4.3 firmware), opened the Camera app and was able to use the Volume rocker to zoom.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

roselink

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much....problem solved.
Never knew that using the Easy mode can disable the camera Zoom function .
I was going to do a Reset but wasn't sure if how much impt.info would be lost.
Fortunaely I read your post. Yayy....now i can go back to taking great photos !! :)

Seif Sabry

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
the only way to fix this problem is to go to settings > home screen > change home screen mode from Easy Mode to Standard Mode and the zoom will work else dont try it !

Laura Louden

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have tried to change the mode on the settings app as suggested but still can't zoom in or out using the volume . Very annoying !:-\ aha an update - I have managed it after realising I wasn't doing the above correctly ! Thank you so much :)

Last edited:

fpalacios

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have tried to change the mode on the settings app as suggested but still can't zoom in or out using the volume . Very annoying !:-\ aha an update - I have managed it after realising I wasn't doing the above correctly ! Thank you so much :)

Same herencia , i also would
like To Know Why is my ZOOM not working? ? have it in standart mode still not worK?ng

jimbo Cabrera

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I had the same thing!because i was in easy mode!go to settings/device and turn off easy mode.
I also found out that multiwindow wont work on easy mode...
Good luck and aloha!!