1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No internet connection on Galaxy 3G

A few days ago I lost my 3G connection on my AT&T Samsung galaxy 3G and I don't even see an option to restart it. I took an upgrade a couple months ago to 4.1.2 and didn't have any problems until just recently. I read through some of the forums and tried a couple things with no luck. I thought I would post a new thread here before contacting support. I have the SGH-I727 model and kernel version is 3.0.31-844945. Help is appreciated.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: No internet connection on Galaxy 3G

Quote Originally Posted by Mollypc View Post
    A few days ago I lost my 3G connection on my AT&T Samsung galaxy 3G and I don't even see an option to restart it. I took an upgrade a couple months ago to 4.1.2 and didn't have any problems until just recently. I read through some of the forums and tried a couple things with no luck. I thought I would post a new thread here before contacting support. I have the SGH-I727 model and kernel version is 3.0.31-844945. Help is appreciated.
    Have you tried taking out the sim card and then re-inserting it?
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No, I saw that a couple other people tried that with no success. I guess it couldn't hurt to try it though.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

No, I saw that a couple other people tried that with no success. I guess it couldn't hurt to try it though.
    I would give it a shot.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

didn't have any problems until just recently.
    What else happened 'just recently'?
    Did you install any new apps or make any setting changes?
    You checked to make sure you have Mobile data enabled, of course...

Is Wi-Fi working normally?
    You can send/receive TMs and make phone calls?

You tried shutting the phone down completely, pulling the battery for a couple of minutes and then firing it back up?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It stopped working last Thurs. yes, I tried all of those things. No new apps installed. I was sick and not even on the phone which is why it took me a few days to even notice it wasn't working. I think my sim card must be bad.

And yes, wifi, phone and texting works fine with the exception of not getting images in messages. It's giving a download error which I'm assuming because of the loss of Internet.

By chance you may have gone over your limit and being throttled.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram