Galaxy S3 death???

Griffin Schoenherr

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a Verizon Galaxy S3. It is on 4.3, rooted. I bought an app off the google play store to change the boot animation. I had chosen the nexus 5 one and tapped to replace it. I rebooted my phone (attempted) and it successfully shut off normally. Then, it wouldn't turn on. The screen, nothing would turn on. However, when I plug it into my computer, my windows pc chimes as it has recognized it. When I have my s3 plugged into the computer with the battery out, the red notification light shows as if it were charging. It also does not vibrate at all. PLEASE HELP.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Verizon Galaxy S3. It is on 4.3, rooted. I bought an app off the google play store to change the boot animation. I had chosen the nexus 5 one and tapped to replace it. I rebooted my phone (attempted) and it successfully shut off normally. Then, it wouldn't turn on. The screen, nothing would turn on. However, when I plug it into my computer, my windows pc chimes as it has recognized it. When I have my s3 plugged into the computer with the battery out, the red notification light shows as if it were charging. It also does not vibrate at all. PLEASE HELP.

I would flash a stock ROM, and see if that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app