1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default samsung galaxy s3 from at&t unkocked

I have an s3 that is unlocked. ( or so I think it is) I have the ability to make calls I am on straight talk I have almost all the features. I have ( not) been using the at&t apps in any way shape or form. i have a lock screen that shows "emergency calls" but i still have the ability to make regular calls through the straight talk network. i have been trying to learn as much as possible about my phone and what it can do. i was watching a tutorial from you tube and it suggested i click "update software" in my settings. i did this and my concern is that the ( at&t) update may override my use of the straight talk service. am i worried for nothing? what should i do?. i have tried to discontinue the update it wont let me i have tried turning off my wifi it doesn't stop it i it only pauses it til i reconnect. i am worried that whenb the update takes place ( because i am a novice at all of this) that at&t will ( for lack of better terms) recapture my phone and make me unlock again . i can be reached at if anyone has any sufggestions.. and by the way **** happy new year all ****

Default Re: samsung galaxy s3 from at&t unkocked

Once a phone is Sim Unlocked it is unlocked. No Software update will/can re lock it. That said it may change your APN's and you may have to input the correct one for Straight Talk.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram