Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped.

Enbix

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I was trying to download San Andreas on my S3 but whenever I tried to save my debit card information I got an error that said "Error while retrieving information from server." (still don't know what to do about that, so if you could help me with that... so anyway...)
I googled it and followed THESE instructions (found it on androidforums.com):

Open system settings
Go to Applications (or Apps) >> All
From all apps select Google Play Store >> Clear Cache and Uninstall updates
Again, from All>>Download Manager >> Clear Cache and Data
Finally, All >> Google Services Framework >> Clear Cache and Data
Now, rerun Google play store."

Now the Play Store won't even open, only a message comes up saying "Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped.". I think this happened when I uninstalled the updates? Not sure.

PS. I'm from Costa Rica; don't know if that has anything to do with anything but whatever. Please help!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Try Settings>apps>menu>reset app preferences. This sometimes helps Play issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Enbix

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Try Settings>apps>menu>reset app preferences. This sometimes helps Play issues.

Yep, it worked, I had to turn my phone off and on again because at first nothing happened but now it works great, thanks a lot.
You don't happen to know anything about the other (first) error message I got when trying to save my debit card info, do you?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I was trying to download San Andreas on my S3 but whenever I tried to save my debit card information I got an error that said "Error while retrieving information from server."
If I understand you correctly you were trying to purchase an album, and you hadn't yet setup your Google account? You were trying to enter your information and it kept giving you an error?

Do you only have one Gmail account, and is it the one that you used when you went through the setup process on the phone?

Have you tried logging into your account through a web browser and setting up the payment information there?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk