Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped.

Hi, I was trying to download San Andreas on my S3 but whenever I tried to save my debit card information I got an error that said "Error while retrieving information from server." (still don't know what to do about that, so if you could help me with that... so anyway...)
    I googled it and followed THESE instructions (found it on androidforums.com):

Open system settings
    Go to Applications (or Apps) >> All
    From all apps select Google Play Store >> Clear Cache and Uninstall updates
    Again, from All>>Download Manager >> Clear Cache and Data
    Finally, All >> Google Services Framework >> Clear Cache and Data
    Now, rerun Google play store."

Now the Play Store won't even open, only a message comes up saying "Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped.". I think this happened when I uninstalled the updates? Not sure.

PS. I'm from Costa Rica; don't know if that has anything to do with anything but whatever. Please help!

Global Posts
    13,973 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped.

Try Settings>apps>menu>reset app preferences. This sometimes helps Play issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    Enbix 
    Enbix likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Try Settings>apps>menu>reset app preferences. This sometimes helps Play issues.
    Yep, it worked, I had to turn my phone off and on again because at first nothing happened but now it works great, thanks a lot.
    You don't happen to know anything about the other (first) error message I got when trying to save my debit card info, do you?

Global Posts
    13,973 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Unfortunately, no. Sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Enbix View Post
    Hi, I was trying to download San Andreas on my S3 but whenever I tried to save my debit card information I got an error that said "Error while retrieving information from server."
    If I understand you correctly you were trying to purchase an album, and you hadn't yet setup your Google account? You were trying to enter your information and it kept giving you an error?

Do you only have one Gmail account, and is it the one that you used when you went through the setup process on the phone?

Have you tried logging into your account through a web browser and setting up the payment information there?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk