- 2 Posts
I received an S3 from a friend locked in ODIN mode. I've taken it out of ODIN and put it into recovery. From there it either goes back to recovery or freezes on logo splash screen. When I go onto Kies..it wants the s/n....but when I pull the battery the sticker is like no other sticker I've seen.
Picture this is my sticker...line for line..
For information call 1888xxxxxxxx
12.12. Barcode. R530M
B. A. R. C. O. D. E
Made in China------------- theres the problem lol
I cannot find a s/n to provide Kies with.
Any help woyld be appreciated
P.S. Kies will not recognize phone
- 01-03-2014, 08:53 PM #2
Re: booting issues????
A Google search shows the 530M is a Metro PCS phone.
Maybe this thread will help: http://androidforums.com/official-un...h-counter.html (uses Odin and needs download mode)
- 01-03-2014, 10:58 PM #3
- 6,973 Posts
Re: booting issues????
Be sure you put the model number in CAPS
Here's an overview of what to do:
- if you don't already have the Kies software installed on your PC, download it (just search Google) and install it. The first time it runs it'll update itself to the latest version so make sure you run it once before proceeding.
- put your phone in Download mode: with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen
- connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable that came with the phone
-- if you've never had the phone connected to your Windows-based computer before, you'll see messages about installing drivers, etc - just wait until this is done (may take 5 or 10 minutes) [I don't know what happens if you have a Mac - it probably just works]
- in the Kies software, select the second item in the Tools menu and just follow the prompts to enter the model number (in CAPS) and IMEI/Serial Number (both found under the battery - it's ok to remove the battery at this point)
- the Kies software should start downloading the correct firmware for your phone from the Internet; once that's done (depending on your Internet connection speed) it'll begin downloading that to the phone (this probably takes 10 minutes or so)
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- 01-04-2014, 02:45 PM #5
- By hsk1610 in forum AT&T Samsung InfuseReplies: 2Last Post: 01-08-2014, 12:22 AM
- By bgbird in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 01-05-2014, 04:47 AM
- By IceCold803 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 17Last Post: 01-04-2014, 07:01 AM
- By Rafael Lanzetti in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 0Last Post: 01-03-2014, 05:59 AM
- By bentonboom in forum T-Mobile Samsung Exhibit 2 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 01-02-2014, 10:34 PM