1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 would not turn on

Hi everyone! This is a cry for help. My phone would not turn on.
    I tried:
    1. charging it - no reaction to the charger, no light showing the charger's plugged in, nothing at all (by taste battery seems charged)
    2. took the battery out for a few minutes then put it back in and plugged the phone - no reaction whatsoever
    3. checked a video in youtube about the possibly stuck power button, so tried to hit the power button against the table with battery out - no reaction
    4. pressing and holding power button for longer time
    5. pressing volume + menu button at the same time

Do you have any suggestions at all, apart from the obvious try to buy a new battery, maybe??
    Thanks a million!!!

Global Posts
    13,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 would not turn on

Welcome to the forums.
    I think a new battery is probably your best bet. Try that and see if it works. If you know someone who has an S3, as to try their battery for a few minutes. If theirs works in your phone, then you have you answer without really spending any money.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here