Gmail contacts don't display notes

Andy Mohs

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I recently changed from an HTC phone and would use the note section of my gmail contacts to retrieve important information about people and businesses. My new phone, Samsung Galaxy S3, will not display the gmail contact note section on the phone. Any ideas?

In dire straights,
Andy

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The Contacts app on my Nexus 7 displays notes. Can't you replace your Contacts app with the stock app?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Andy Mohs

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
No my contacts are in gmail, years and years of contacts. Over time I've written personal notes that I access from my phone to remember the names of the kids, wives, girlfriends, or use it to list detailed information about the business that I'm calling. Now when I pull-up a contact on the Samsung phone it will NOT allow me to see the note information. I can only access phone numbers, emails, and addresses. Now when I call Betty at the bank I can't ask how her dog Tootsie is doing. I am in a real pickle and so is Tootsie:'(. Andy

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No my contacts are in gmail
I am baffled at what you're describing. I don't ever remember seeing a Notes section in the Gmail app.

If what you mean is that all of your contacts are synced with your Google account, and in the stock Contacts app on your HTC phone you had a Notes section that contained all of this valuable information, then I'd ask - do you still have that phone?

Finally, if you create a new contact in the stock Contacts app, and add the Notes field and put information in it, does it disappear or stay?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Andy Mohs

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks you for replying. I sync all my contacts with my gmail account. I don't keep any just on the phone. If you click on contacts on a desktop you'll see a box to the right labeled "add a note". This is the section that I am unable to access on the Samsung phone. I just don't see a way to get it to appear on the phone. It is still accessible in gmail just not on the phone.

k1lv9h

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Maybe this will help.

Edit your Contacts on Google website.
In contact "Notes" box/field add any character save it. Remove the character you just added save it again.
On my phone the contact's "Notes" information was displayed for the contact I changed.

Kevin

Andy Mohs

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Kevin - I tried deleting/adding/changing/ changing settings. Nothing it seems will allow me to see the note section for google contacts on the Samsung galaxy. I am wondering if something was not set-up properly on the phone. I can't believe an android phone would limit access to this field. Bummed Andy

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Strange - the Notes field shows up for the contacts that have them on my phone.

If you go to Settings -> Accounts -> Google -> <your Gmail account> and scroll all the way to the bottom of the list, is 'Sync People details' checked?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Could try a different phone/contact app. GO Contacts EX shows notes on GMail synced contacts. And I DON'T have sync people details checked.

Andy Mohs

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
JudH - I can't thank-you enough. Nothing worked until I downloaded Go contacts EX --- I can now access my notes. I hope you have a rockin' day Andy

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I know this an old thread, but still useful. My Contact notes from years of use are important to me. I switched from LG G3 to Nexus 5X. Stock contacts app did not display notes but I do see that if l edit one and add a character before I save it all is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non