Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sauce_a_poutine
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dropped phone - colour seeping across screen

I dropped my phone today WITH a screen case / cover on so the screen did not break. When I first opened it it seemed fine. When I looked at it again half hour later pink started to spread from one corner of the screen and the colour on the remainder of the screen is muted. Now the screen is totally pink and I have blue spreading from the corner. I think by the morning the screen will be covered.

Is the phone finished? Is there anything I can do? I have saved all contacts to the sim and the phone is still fully functional though visibility is diminishing.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Dropped phone - colour seeping across screen

You can probably get it repaired, but it's probably cheaper to get a new or a used handset to replace it. A bleeding display doesn't stop bleeding with time. It could be stable or get worse, but it won't get better. Changing it would be advisable. So would backing up your data and contact ASAP, so if it dies, at least your data will be backed-up somewhere.
    "All information is imperfect. We have to treat it with humility."
    - The Ascent of man.
    J. Bronowsky.
    khizard likes this.

(be sure to get the correct colour for your phone).

And disable any Pattern/PIN/Password until you resolve the issue.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

i have the same problem with my mobile, i dropped it on hard floor, after that pink or purple color is spreading from a corner and now full is covered. phone still can be switched on and switched off easily. but the worst thing is i can not use touch screen, screen does not response when i touch the screen or press any key. I don't know i have lost one front panel, Digitilizer or something else. Can you please help me ?

Quote Originally Posted by khizard View Post
    Can you please help me ?
    Welcome to the forums.

See the link in the post prior to yours - be sure to get the correct colour for your phone. Note that this is a Do It Yourself repair - if you want someone to fix it for you it'll be much more expensive: you could try

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro