Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weird Storage Issue Affecting Phone Speed

Hi All,

I've had my GS3 for 16 months and recently it has become very slow in all operations and all apps. I have searched a lot and tried nearly all the fixes in the book to no avail and have stumbled upon this oddity when it comes to storage. It says I have 1.38GB of available storage but the breakdown doesn't add up to that figure and isn't showing me where I can delete things from. Anyone experienced anything similiar and any ideas?

Weird Storage Issue Affecting Phone Speed-2014-01-07-13.37.12.png

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: Weird Storage Issue Affecting Phone Speed

Quote Originally Posted by mitchfel View Post
    Hi All,

I've had my GS3 for 16 months and recently it has become very slow in all operations and all apps. I have searched a lot and tried nearly all the fixes in the book to no avail and have stumbled upon this oddity when it comes to storage. It says I have 1.38GB of available storage but the breakdown doesn't add up to that figure and isn't showing me where I can delete things from. Anyone experienced anything similiar and any ideas?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-01-07 13.37.12.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	100002
    One time that happened to me. I went into Polaris Office and there I found all the missing files.
    Proud LG G2 Owner!

You could try DiskUsage: http://market.android.com/details?id...roid.diskusage - it shows you a graphical viewof your storage that may help you to identify what is taking up all of your space. Perhaps looking in LOST.DIR may pan out.

When the phone has less than a couple of GB available performance goes right down the toilet...

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks mate, I've found theres 7GB or so held up in System Data.

Any idea the best way to search through that and find out what I can cull? Can't find a LOST.DIR when I connect the phone to my PC and explore the files.

Weird Storage Issue Affecting Phone Speed-screenshot_2014-01-07-23-46-33.png