Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy New Member S3 Problems

Hi everyone.
    I have had a Galaxy S3 for a year and in December it gave up. It is a very weird thing to explain so bear with me (no there is no bear with me)
    The phone will switch off randomly there is no pattern at all to it, to get it to switch on again I will then I have press the power button once release and then hold the power button. It takes 3 attempts and then turns on, but never stays on for long. I went to my network (EE or Orange) and they sent it off. The phone came back and I have had it less than an hour and its doing the same again. Apparently they have done a software update which I had already done and rebooted and tested. I then talk to them and they want to send it off again. I dont think they have a clue what there doing so I dont really want to send it off again. Oh and another fault with it is that today it has been charging for 8 hours and still isnt fully charged, this has been ongoing for a while now and I have had a replacment battery already. Any ideas what to do would be really appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ben

Global Posts
    7,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: New Member S3 Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Ben-Jamin Sutton View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I have had a Galaxy S3 for a year and in December it gave up. It is a very weird thing to explain so bear with me (no there is no bear with me)
    The phone will switch off randomly there is no pattern at all to it, to get it to switch on again I will then I have press the power button once release and then hold the power button. It takes 3 attempts and then turns on, but never stays on for long. I went to my network (EE or Orange) and they sent it off. The phone came back and I have had it less than an hour and its doing the same again. Apparently they have done a software update which I had already done and rebooted and tested. I then talk to them and they want to send it off again. I dont think they have a clue what there doing so I dont really want to send it off again. Oh and another fault with it is that today it has been charging for 8 hours and still isnt fully charged, this has been ongoing for a while now and I have had a replacment battery already. Any ideas what to do would be really appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ben
    You can first try a factory reset on the device then consider a battery replacement if the problem doesn't fix. If still no improvement I would talk to your carrier about a replacement, if possible. Given the device is already a year old I'm not sure how much weight you can push with getting a replacement since the warranty is up. It's worth a try to ask.

Default Re: New Member S3 Problems

Take a pencil eraser to the battery and phone contacts.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE