Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth music streaming to car - iPhone vs android

My car is 2012 bmw 520d with bluetooth car audio option added.

During the first 6 months i enjoyed the easy connectivity of my car and my streaming audio app in iphone 4G - both the music and phone worked just fine.

However, after moving to galaxy s3, the bluetooth connection between car and phone loses so frequently, which is so annoying that i no longer uses the connection now.

My wife and I share this car, and after her changing iphone to s4, same problem occurred to it.

When I asked this question to my local forum guys, there were some answers like turning-on "WI-FI" may interfere with bluetooth connection. It helped a little but not all.

Then my sister who bought Hyundai told me similar problem she experienced - iphone works fine but her galaxy s4 does not.

Maybe I've got to move back to Apple or change car - both are kind of hard and no guarantee..

Anyone had ever suffer this situation?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-08-2014 at 11:49 PM.

Default Re: Bluetooth music streaming to car - iPhone vs android

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and a new Ford Explorer and the bluetooth works great... With or without the Wi-Fi turned on.

No issues with bluetooth on my Nexus 5 so far.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

S3 and VW Passat 2013 no problem

Not sure with the BMW system, but with my Ford Fiesta with Sync, I know that the first time I changed phones, it worked, but would have various issues. I reset the added devices list, deleted the phonebook, everything that was tied to the old phone, and added the new phone, worked perfect then. Just an idea to try.
    I enjoy technology from many sources.

@Disturbed0Angel on Twitter, and instagram.com/disturbedangel86 if you like Hawaii Sunsets and Coffee pics.

Check with your BMW dealer. There might have been an update to the car's firmware.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE