How to change data usage cycle date on KitKat?

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I tried all the solutions posted: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...nge-data-usage-cycle-date-range-settings.html and http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...604-cant-change-data-usage-cycle-anymore.html

But I am on CM 11 (KitKat) and I do not have any of the options described on those threads. I even have disabled every data connection to see if it appears. Not at all.

I think I am missing something because I want to change the usage cycle from 13th of a month to 14th of a month.

Thank you.

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I am the only one with this problem? Can someone on stock Android KitKat (if there is an official one), confirm that the data usage cycle can or cannot be changed after initial setup?

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I found the issue. If you want to change the data cycle on KitKat, you cannot do that on the start day or the end day. But once you are in the middle of a current cycle, then you can.

In the OP I said it is CM 11 (KitKat) NOT Samsung KitKat.

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
You also said

and there is no such thing for the S3.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I posted this because I wanted to know if the stock Android (which I know not on KK) have the same problem as KK. I found out yes it does! Neither the stock OS nor CM KitKat version allow you to change your cycle on start or end day. I checked with someone who has a stock version too.

So, at the end of the day... this thread will help both official OS and CM users! :)

Faye Grant

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
If you don't see the "change cycle" option in the drop-down then uncheck and recheck "set mobile data limit" and then back out of settings and go back in.

Good advice, it worked for me on my Kit Kat 4.4.4 (Note 3). It's kind of clunky, that the cycle does not automatically advance to the next month. You literally have to disable the function. Then when you re-enable the function, the next monthly cycle magically appears!

Based on the comments of the user who still has a problem, I would ask the following:

Did you find the drop down menu?
Did you successfully activate the drop down menu?
If there was no "change cycle" choice on the menu, what choice(s) did you see there?