Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Galaxy S3 keeps restarting itself continuously - Help!

Hi All,

I am new to this so please bear with me :-)

My SGS3 woke me up in the early hours of Sunday morning with it restarting itself repeatedly. The phone turns on, i am able to unlock my screen and probably use the phone for about a minute until it restarts itself again. I have left the phone turned off for many hours and turned it back on again and still the same thing is happening. Also have taken the battery out and left the phone for serveral hours too and even still the problem is there.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks - Raf

Default Re: My Galaxy S3 keeps restarting itself continuously - Help!

The power/lock screen button might be loose. That is what happened to mine and so my phone kept turning on and off. If you look at the button and it feels loose you might need to get it fixed. Hope that helped. Good luck

The exactly same problem is happening to me
    The battery is too hot after it happens

if you know anything please let me know

For me it is not the button
    If it is the button problem , I think the battery won't get too hot after restarting
    I guess there is no problem with hardware

I was using gallery while voice recorder running in background
    And it started happening .
    I did the factory data reset but it didn't help.

Please help if you know anything

Thanks
    Last edited by Thu Rein Tun; 06-10-2014 at 11:25 PM.

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thu Rein Tun View Post
    For me it is not the button
    If you take the battery out and reinsert it, does the phone turn itself on?

If not, if you turn the phone completely off and connect the charger do you see the battery graphic showing the current battery level and charging activity?

Is the phone hot when it's doing this?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

My phone started shutting off by itself a day ago. After taking the battery out and putting it back in it just started restarting by it self. I left it charged all night and did not cut it on till this evening. I have tried removing and cleaning the area where the power button is that only got the phone to come all the way on then shut off and give me yellow thermometer and the temperature by the battery. plugged up I can get it on and see messages but it still has that note on the screen saying phone unable to charge because battery too low then shuts off after maybe five minutes. What to do??????

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kita Truth View Post
    After taking the battery out and putting it back in it just started restarting by it self.
    Does it do this every time you take the battery out and reinsert it?
    It boots up by itself and then shuts down after a couple of minutes and doesn't turn itself on again?
    that only got the phone to come all the way on then shut off and give me yellow thermometer and the temperature by the battery.
    Was this just once or you're getting a temperature warning every time?
    it still has that note on the screen saying phone unable to charge because battery too low then shuts off after maybe five minutes
    It's quite possible that your battery IS dead - can you borrow one from someone else? If not you may want to invest in one of the Rav Power 2250mAh batteries.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

My battery is not dead. When the phone does come on it shows my battery is at 41% now. After all the research and trying different things. This just might be a battery issue. I'll try to borrow someone else battery and go to a Sprint Repair store later. I'll let you guys know what the problem is.

My bad my battery is at 68% and even with someone else's battery it only comes on if its on the charger and still gives me that the low battery temperature message.

If you're getting that temperature warning with a different battery then it sounds like your hardware is at fault. You could look at getting it repaired through Samsung or just invest what you'd spend in a replacement - the Moto X is still a great phone for the price.