Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By anzunnie
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problems with Play Store and Music Player

Hello ~

I actually had to create an account for these problems of mine. I did a factory reset on my phone two days ago and have had some issues with my Galaxy S3 since then.

First of all whenever I try opening Play Store it shuts down immediately. As much as I've been going around I've noticed that this is rather common problem with many people and can be solved by clearing application caches/forcing stops and so on, but it's no use for me. None of my application is disabled. Also tried to look for "Download Manager" in my application manager but there wasn't one. Is this a problem ? I've also tried removing my Google account and so on, but no.

Also for some reason my music player isn't working properly. Whenever my screen display is off, the music starts skipping. There's no problem as long as I don't turn my screen off. I'm mostly using the Play Music application. I tried this on the default music player too, but there's no difference...

I was also surprised to find out this one little green robot has jumped on my apps list too (picture attached!). I tried 'opening' it and all it said was: "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped."

I'd really appreciate help with this! I'm so annoyed with my phone right now. Can't even use all the apps since they insist on me to update them....

Help, please?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problems with Play Store and Music Player-screenshot_2014-01-15-21-53-53.png  

Default Re: Problems with Play Store and Music Player

Do you have a backup you can recover?

Did you try resetting app preferences? Settings,Apps, tap the three dots, Reset Preferences.

Also you can try resetting the date and time.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by rawr66 View Post
    Do you have a backup you can recover?
    I have !
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Did you try resetting app preferences? Settings,Apps, tap the three dots, Reset Preferences.

Also you can try resetting the date and time.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes I tried, but it made no difference. Now that you mentioned setting time again I tried it out too, but it didn't help either.
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Maybe rawrr66's suggestion? Other than a factory reset I'm stumped.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Maybe rawrr66's suggestion? Other than a factory reset I'm stumped.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Okay so I tried to do a factory reset on my phone again. What I saw once my phone woke up again (before even being able to set the default language) was a notice: "Unfortunately the process.google.process.gapps has stopped".

When I had to sign in with my Google account right after setting up the language, my phone got stuck. I tried to restart it, but all it does is load after I've typed my name in it. Now I can't open my phone at all.

EDIT//

I was finally able to open my phone, but my device is still not working properly....

Any idea, anyone?
    Last edited by anzunnie; 01-16-2014 at 01:50 PM.