Remove data with broken screen

Stacey Smith5

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I have dropped my phone and screen is broken and black, phone is still working. I am getting repaired via insurance and they will remove data so I need to get my photos etc off my phone. It appears that as I have a lock on the screen that I can't do this via kies. Can anyone please help??? Thanks in advance.

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I have dropped my phone and screen is broken and black, phone is still working. I am getting repaired via insurance and they will remove data so I need to get my photos etc off my phone. It appears that as I have a lock on the screen that I can't do this via kies. Can anyone please help??? Thanks in advance.

Plug it into your PC or laptop and it should come up as a removable drive , just open it up and find the files/folders you want to keep and drag them onto the desktop...

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Rather that or if its got a memory card then just pull it out and put it back in once repaired , and some shops will backup your phone if you ask them politely....

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

rawr66

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Plug it into your PC or laptop and it should come up as a removable drive , just open it up and find the files/folders you want to keep and drag them onto the desktop...

She can't do that because she has a lock on the screen.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You could try something like this - it should allow you to to see what's on the screen and use a USB mouse/keyboard to unlock the phone.

Alternately, someone mentioned being able to go to the Samsung website and unlock your phone remotely, but I could never get that to work - seems like you have to have a Samsung account on your phone, and who bothers with that?

Finally, if they're sending you a replacement phone, you could swap the screen from the replacement unit onto your phone and get it working that way.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX