- 2 Posts
Remove data with broken screen
I have dropped my phone and screen is broken and black, phone is still working. I am getting repaired via insurance and they will remove data so I need to get my photos etc off my phone. It appears that as I have a lock on the screen that I can't do this via kies. Can anyone please help??? Thanks in advance.
- 01-15-2014, 04:25 PM #2
- 01-15-2014, 04:44 PM #3
- 257 Posts
- 01-15-2014, 04:46 PM #4
- 01-15-2014, 04:50 PM #5
- 01-21-2014, 11:57 AM #7
- 6,293 Posts
Re: Remove data with broken screen
You could try something like this - it should allow you to to see what's on the screen and use a USB mouse/keyboard to unlock the phone.
Alternately, someone mentioned being able to go to the Samsung website and unlock your phone remotely, but I could never get that to work - seems like you have to have a Samsung account on your phone, and who bothers with that?
Finally, if they're sending you a replacement phone, you could swap the screen from the replacement unit onto your phone and get it working that way.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
- By Igorandroid in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 6Last Post: 02-16-2014, 05:39 AM
- By tsvet ochik in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 01-19-2014, 12:55 PM
- By anzunnie in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 6Last Post: 01-16-2014, 09:38 AM
- By ghodge1 in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 1Last Post: 01-15-2014, 03:50 PM
- By futurephonic in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 01-15-2014, 01:49 PM