Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Remove data with broken screen

I have dropped my phone and screen is broken and black, phone is still working. I am getting repaired via insurance and they will remove data so I need to get my photos etc off my phone. It appears that as I have a lock on the screen that I can't do this via kies. Can anyone please help??? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Remove data with broken screen

Do you know if you have USB Debugging enabled?
    Stacey Smith5 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey Smith5 View Post
    I have dropped my phone and screen is broken and black, phone is still working. I am getting repaired via insurance and they will remove data so I need to get my photos etc off my phone. It appears that as I have a lock on the screen that I can't do this via kies. Can anyone please help??? Thanks in advance.
    Plug it into your PC or laptop and it should come up as a removable drive , just open it up and find the files/folders you want to keep and drag them onto the desktop...

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

Rather that or if its got a memory card then just pull it out and put it back in once repaired , and some shops will backup your phone if you ask them politely....

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

Plug it into your PC or laptop and it should come up as a removable drive , just open it up and find the files/folders you want to keep and drag them onto the desktop...
    She can't do that because she has a lock on the screen.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hi I'm not sure what this is?

You could try something like this - it should allow you to to see what's on the screen and use a USB mouse/keyboard to unlock the phone.

Alternately, someone mentioned being able to go to the Samsung website and unlock your phone remotely, but I could never get that to work - seems like you have to have a Samsung account on your phone, and who bothers with that?

Finally, if they're sending you a replacement phone, you could swap the screen from the replacement unit onto your phone and get it working that way.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro