How To Replace The Power Switch On A GSIII?
Not the button that you click on the outside. I'm talking about the power switch that's attached to the motherboard on the inside (I broke mine off because it was malfunctioning). I'm able to turn my phone on by getting to download mode, but I still want my power switch back so I can have something to click on when I hit the outer power button. There are power switches on eBay, like these:
Lot 10 Power Volume Button Switch 4 75mm for Samsung Galaxy S3 I747 Note N7000 | eBay
So how would one go about actually ATTACHING one of these and connecting it to the motherboard?
Posted via Android Central App
- 01-18-2014, 10:22 AM #2
- 01-18-2014, 10:36 AM #3
- 6,973 Posts
Re: How To Replace The Power Switch On A GSIII?
If you don't have any experience then it's best left to someone who does, because you can easily damage the motherboard and surrounding components. http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...button-repair/
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
- 01-18-2014, 11:29 PM #4
While the phone is off, plug in the charger cord. Then, IMMEDIATELY hold the volume down + home button.
You can also do it by holding volume down + home button, THEN plugging in the charger cord.
So now I know that enabling download mode shouldn't be interpreted as "volume down + home button + power-button-located-on-the-right-of-the-phone", it should be interpreted as "volume down + home button + power on (by any means possible)"
- 01-19-2014, 11:01 PM #6
- By Deb20 in forum Motorola Droid UltraReplies: 5Last Post: 03-18-2015, 07:56 PM
- By eds817 in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-21-2014, 10:56 PM
- By mirrormirror in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 16Last Post: 01-21-2014, 08:19 PM
- By edenaustralia in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 01-20-2014, 07:24 AM
- By Simon_y7 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 01-18-2014, 08:07 PM