Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How To Replace The Power Switch On A GSIII?

Not the button that you click on the outside. I'm talking about the power switch that's attached to the motherboard on the inside (I broke mine off because it was malfunctioning). I'm able to turn my phone on by getting to download mode, but I still want my power switch back so I can have something to click on when I hit the outer power button. There are power switches on eBay, like these:

Lot 10 Power Volume Button Switch 4 75mm for Samsung Galaxy S3 I747 Note N7000 | eBay

So how would one go about actually ATTACHING one of these and connecting it to the motherboard?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    20,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: How To Replace The Power Switch On A GSIII?

Even though this video is for screen replacement, it shows how to replace the power button. I don't think the button can be replaced from the back.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Libby4ever21 View Post
    So how would one go about actually ATTACHING one of these and connecting it to the motherboard?
    If you have any electronics experience then it's just a matter of de-soldering the old switch, putting a new one in its place and soldering that one in.

If you don't have any experience then it's best left to someone who does, because you can easily damage the motherboard and surrounding components. http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...button-repair/

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Just curious how do you get into Download mode with the use of the Power button?
    [CENTER][COLOR="#0000FF"][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by GTWalling View Post
    Just curious how do you get into Download mode with the use of the Power button?
    My logic in figuring that out was this: the power button and charger cord serve the same purpose in the case of a powered-off phone: they will both turn the phone on.

While the phone is off, plug in the charger cord. Then, IMMEDIATELY hold the volume down + home button.

You can also do it by holding volume down + home button, THEN plugging in the charger cord.

So now I know that enabling download mode shouldn't be interpreted as "volume down + home button + power-button-located-on-the-right-of-the-phone", it should be interpreted as "volume down + home button + power on (by any means possible)"

:-)
    Thanked by:

Thank you, just learned something new.
    [CENTER][COLOR="#0000FF"][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by GTWalling View Post
    Thank you, just learned something new.
    You're welcome :-)