1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery draining?

My phone is draining so fast.

It drains a percent every 3 minutes.

I need help what should I do?

Do i need new batteries?

Default Re: Battery draining?

Well it could be that you need a new battery, or you've got that many apps that they all occasionally access the net for updates and/or notifications. Also when you have finished with an app you press home instead of back to come out of it in which case the app is still in memory.
    You could restrict background data access. Settings/Data usage/ menu
    Or a bit more technical which is what I'm going to experiment with. Install rom toolbox Tools menu / Auto Start Manager button and then for each app you can selectively disable net access.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

You can try the "battery spin test" to see if your current battery is bad.
    1. Shut down your phone normally.
    2. Remove back and take out battery and place it flat on a table (or similar surface)
    3. See if you can easily spin it (put your finger on a corner and give it a flick) like a top.
    4. Healthy batteries won't spin due to the friction created by the flat sides. But "dying" batteries often "bow out" in the middle as they die which pushes the sides out and causes them to spin really easily. You'll know if it is spinning easily...they spin for a long time (I have two cheap dead ones). If you aren't sure, then youtube it. There are videos.

I also used GSAM battery monitor app and Better Battery stats to figure out which apps were eating up my battery. It helps. For my battery drain (and it seems to be different for everyone), it was a wakelock issue where the phone didn't go into deep sleep. I got a free app called Deep Sleep Battery saver, and it has made a night and day difference. It just about tripled my battery life. But it shuts down all my apps when my phone turns off. For my issue, that was what I needed. Something kept activating in the background, and I couldn't pin it down.

K--

Did this sudden draining problem start after the 4.3 update? If so, have you done a Factory Reset? Did you reboot into Recovery mode and clear the system cache?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

nope not updated it yet.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Also I use wifi 24/7??
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

its been 4h and 7 min since i have taken it off the charge from 100% now its 30 in 4 hrs.

REALLY poor.

If you really want to analyze what's going on with battery life you need to provide the three screenshots from Settings -> More -> Battery.

You should also look at
    GSam Battery Monitor Pro: (there's a free version)
    SystemPanel:
    Wakelock Detector:
    You can use these to identify poor cellular signal, apps/services that are running that you may not find useful or apps that are keeping the phone awake.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro