Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Home Screen Shortcuts For New Apps Are Not Automatically Created

Hey,
    I've recently updated my Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) from CyanogenMod 10.2 to 11.0. Everything works perfectly fine, except for one thing: when I download new apps from the Play Store, Launcher doesn't create home screen shortcuts to them, although the "Auto-add widgets" box in the Play Store settings is checked. I tried installing a few other launchers, in which shortcuts were created.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Home Screen Shortcuts For New Apps Are Not Automatically Created

Sounds like you've identified the problem - just use one of the other launchers if that feature is important to you.

FYI, there are hundreds of apps with the word "launcher" in the app name; next time you might try providing a link to the specific app that you're having a problem with (ex. Action Launcher: http://market.android.com/details?id...cher.playstore). The only app I could find named "Launcher" was https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gsoft.launcher and it hadn't been updated since March of 2011 - you get what you pay for...

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Home Screen Shortcuts For New Apps Are Not Automatically Created

I'm using the default CM 11 launcher, I believe it's called Launcher3.