1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Charging problem with S3 :(

The last two days, I've woken up to a dead battery on my S3.
    I thought it might be a problem with the battery so I switched it out for another back-up that I had.
    Nope.

Then I thought it was the cable. I've tried several different ones and they all lead to the same result.

The phone shows that it's charging but it's BARELY charging, if at all. It charged about 10% an hour and that's without my touching or using it at all.

Is the phone dead? Any ideas that I should try? I was trying to get it to last until the S5 comes out but, at this point, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make it. I've never had a problem like this before.

Default Re: Charging problem with S3 :(

My s3 did the same thing. Power off the phone and then pull the battery. Leave the battery out for around 15 minutes. Power it back up. My was fine after. Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App

You said you tried several different cables, but did you try more than one charger?

It could also be a defective charging port in the phone, or dirt stuck in the port. See if pushing the connector (gently) to the side, top or bottom and holding it there makes a difference. If you don't have an extra charger, try plugging it into a USB port on a computer (not a USB hub).
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Check the plug in side the bottom mine were bent down i had to bend them back up charges super fast now

Posted via Android Central App