Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default one of my quad core processors is not working

Hi guys new to the site but i have been monitoring it for a while now its very cool !!!
    I have a samsung s3 that has just had the glass changed
    it keeps freezing every now and again particularly when i am using fb messenger and whatsapp
    to get it working again i have to hit the on off button got to the lock page and open again !!!
    This evening i decided to see if i can see why its blocking as i do not beleive its the touchscreen blocking as all the tests i have done it has passed
    i have downloaded CPU Z and when i checkthe SOC it shows me the cores and one of them is permantly stopped could this be whats blocking my phone if so how do i get it working again

thanks for any responces

Default Re: one of my quad core processors is not working

Quote Originally Posted by simon2008 View Post
    i have downloaded CPU Z and when i check the SOC it shows me the cores and one of them is permantly stopped
    Have you tried a different app? It's possible that there's a bug in CPU Z; or it may be that particular core is just sleeping because the workload is under some threshold.

Of course, it's also possible that one of the cores is hosed - there's not anything I can think of to 'unstick' it - if it's dead, it's dead.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro