1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 Boot loop and can't enter recovery mode because phone autoboot.

Hello guys, this is my first post here, and again its about the same problem as other user had. Boot loop on Galaxy S3, i did googled and read so many article and thread around regarding this problem. The first thing that I need to do is to enter the recovery mode am I right? To enter the recovery mode I need to Press and hold 'Home, Volume up and Power button'. So here's the problem, I did pull out my battery for few minutes, but then when I insert the battery back, the phone automatically boot by itself, the recovery mode instruction does not work. Why is this happening to my phone? I read other people's thread but when they insert their battery, the phone does not boot by itself, but mine, yes. one more thing is that it never reach the BLUE logo, just the white with the Model : GT-19300. Please help

Global Posts
    13,793 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Galaxy S3 Boot loop and can't enter recovery mode because phone autoboot.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrin nazmee View Post
    Hello guys, this is my first post here, and again its about the same problem as other user had. Boot loop on Galaxy S3, i did googled and read so many article and thread around regarding this problem. The first thing that I need to do is to enter the recovery mode am I right? To enter the recovery mode I need to Press and hold 'Home, Volume up and Power button'. So here's the problem, I did pull out my battery for few minutes, but then when I insert the battery back, the phone automatically boot by itself, the recovery mode instruction does not work. Why is this happening to my phone? I read other people's thread but when they insert their battery, the phone does not boot by itself, but mine, yes. one more thing is that it never reach the BLUE logo, just the white with the Model : GT-19300. Please help
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try pulling your battery for a little longer. Say 15 minutes, and try again.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Galaxy S3 Boot loop and can't enter recovery mode because phone autoboot.

Thank you for your reply. Anyway I did, more than that too. Few hours already, since afternoon at my place, and now midnight already. When I insert the battery, 1 second after that the Samsung Galaxy S3 White logo appear by itself and loop.
    Last edited by nazrin nazmee; 01-22-2014 at 10:43 AM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try pulling your battery for a little longer. Say 15 minutes, and try again.
    Thank you for your reply. Anyway I did, more than that too. Few hours already, since afternoon at my place, and now midnight already. When I insert the battery, 1 second after that the Samsung Galaxy S3 White logo appear by itself and loop.

If you can get someone to help you, try holding the buttons down while they insert the battery, and hope that works.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    If you can get someone to help you, try holding the buttons down while they insert the battery, and hope that works.
    Unfortunately done that too, haha sorry for not telling it at the earlier post. But, I did that by my own, with no one help, just use my other finger. However, I will try it later with someone. Hopefully it works. Thanks!

Based on some other users that are having a similar problem, it sounds like the Power switch is defective and is always depressed. Or perhaps the plastic piece is jammed against the switch causing it to turn the phone on immediately (or maybe even a new case is pressing on it). This might be an option or if you like fiddling with electronics you could DIY.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Hi I am having same problem how did you resolve it?

I just started having this problem today! I can't seem to get it into recovery mode for the life of me. Once I had it flash on the screen for a second but then it rebooted again.

Quote Originally Posted by warmhp View Post
    Hi I am having same problem how did you resolve it?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomskitomski View Post
    I just started having this problem today! I can't seem to get it into recovery mode for the life of me. Once I had it flash on the screen for a second but then it rebooted again.
    Have you both tried pulling the battery and then reinserting it? If the phone turns on by itself when you put the battery in then it's almost certainly the Power switch on the mainboard or the plastic Power button (which is what we interact with).

If that's happening on your phone the first thing to check is the case (if present), to make sure it's not pressing on the Power button.
    Next would be to take the phone apart and gently pry the plastic Power button off (there's two legs that hold it in - be careful not to snap them off).
    Finally, the Power switch itself - it may just be gunked up, in which case you can try compressed air or electronic contact cleaner (be sure to remove the battery first!) and exercise the switch to get it working.
    Otherwise you'll have to replace the switch.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk