Samsung GS3 cannot find update

sunchasers64

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 running 4.1.1. I have been trying to update the firmware. No updates are found OTA or through Kies. Both say I have the latest firmware. Anyone have any ideas why this is?

Thanks.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 running 4.1.1. I have been trying to update the firmware. No updates are found OTA or through Kies. Both say I have the latest firmware. Anyone have any ideas why this is?

Thanks.

It may be because the region where you are, Samsung hasn't pushed the updates !! So don't worry about that you will get one although i think you know this is the problem with Android devices manufactured by samsung they aren't interested in giving users the update. So you have to bear with it, and another thing that strikes into my mind why don't you root your device and move forward in trying the cyanogen mode RAM.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No updates are found OTA or through Kies.
Is there anything special about your phone (rooted, etc)?
How is it that you didn't have 4.1.2?

Given the various issues some people have complained about after updating to 4.3 (along with limitations for future rooting; loading alternate firmware, etc), are you sure you want to update? You might want to keep your options open and load a special version of 4.3 that doesn't have the Knox component present (this will only be of interest if you think you might like to fiddle around with the phone in the future).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

sunchasers64

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Nothing special about my phone, not rooted. I have no idea why I don't even have 4.1.2. It has never found updates. I'm not sure I'm tech savvy enough to root the phone on my own. I've never done anything like that. I'm sure I have a friend or two that could do it for me, though.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What does AT&T Customer Service say about the matter? I've read posts before where the carrier didn't have the correct model provisioned at their end, so the update was never enabled.

I've also read that for some other users, getting a replacement SIM card fixed the problem (sorry if your particular model doesn't use a SIM card - I've lost track of which ones do/don't).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21