LG Tone+ Bluetooth headset HBS-730 microphone problem
05-27-2016 07:58 PM
- I have problem with LG Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth headset. I returned the first one, I'm having same problem with second one. There is no problem pairing or connecting. The problem is; when talking on Samsung Galaxy S3 via LG Tone+ Bluetooth headset at some random point in the conversation the microphone stops, but the earbuds are still working. I can hear, but I can't be heard. I can take the phone off headset selection, and then put it back on headset selection, and that makes it work, again, for a short while, then it happens, again. I lost the mic 5x in a 30 minute conversation. It is an intermittent problem. A Verizon tech did a factory reset on my phone when I took the first one back. I have also done a soft reset, and LG tech had me do a reboot on the headset. The problem persists. I have been in touch with LG, Samsung, and Verizon. The general consensus is there is a glitch in the headset software, but LG says it is not their problem. If it were not for this problem I would be absolutely thrilled with the LG Tone+ HBS-730 Blue tooth headset. I guess I will be returning this second unit for a refund, unless someone can suggest a solution that corrects my issue.01-23-2014 06:36 AMLike 5
- I have the same problem. And you don't get to return the placement, because the warranty for it is only 30 days. I just had an epic battle with LG about this and they will not back up their product. So the first one breaks in 6 months or less and the second one breaks in the same time period and you're stuck with nothing. LG is a bunch of crooks.01-23-2014 06:54 PM
This is not a problem with the LG tone. It's a problem due to the last Android 4.3 update. Neither Samsung or Verizon have any answers. I've done everything they told me to do and nothing fixes the problem and the LG tone appears to work fine on my wife's Galaxy 4. I'm planning to switch to the new Verizon edge plan and get a new phone. It's sad too,because I really loved my Galaxy 3 before the update.03-19-2014 10:15 PM
Are you currently on unlimited data?
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk03-19-2014 11:56 PM
- I have problem with LG Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth headset. I returned the first one, I'm having same problem with second one. There is no problem pairing or connecting. The problem is; when talking on Samsung Galaxy S3 via LG Tone+ Bluetooth headset at some random point in the conversation the microphone stops, but the earbuds are still working. I can hear, but I can't be heard. I can take the phone off headset selection, and then put it back on headset selection, and that makes it work, again, for a short while, then it happens, again. I lost the mic 5x in a 30 minute conversation. It is an intermittent problem. A Verizon tech did a factory reset on my phone when I took the first one back. I have also done a soft reset, and LG tech had me do a reboot on the headset. The problem persists. I have been in touch with LG, Samsung, and Verizon. The general consensus is there is a glitch in the headset software, but LG says it is not their problem. If it were not for this problem I would be absolutely thrilled with the LG Tone+ HBS-730 Blue tooth headset. I guess I will be returning this second unit for a refund, unless someone can suggest a solution that corrects my issue.
The interesting thing is that the original Tone has a longer range and is more stable but does not sound as good. I think the head sets are very good overall but I think the common denominator is the Bluetooth stack on the Samsung phones.
Eunix04-05-2014 10:07 AM
- I have two Galaxy S4s and have the same issue with both. After the first week, I called LG and I sent it to them. They sent me new headset and it has the same issue. I had purchased it from Amazon. Its Been over 30 days. (2 weeks with LG) Hope they will take it back.04-11-2014 04:39 PM
- Greetings, I have this same problem and have found it isolated to my home. I do not have any issues anywhere else. In fact if Im in a conversation and end up returning home, as soon as I enter the garage the issue begins. I have deleted all other bluetooth pairings and even completed a hard reset on my phone...So wierd...and frustrating. (GalaxyS3)04-13-2014 04:46 PM
- Update: I was able to return my HBS730 to the Amazon partner. I thought I would try the HBS 750. I purchased directly from Verizon and it was less than the 730 with my discount. I picked up the 750 yesterday and it was working fine until just a few minutes ago when the mic when out (at home). Same ol crap. Too bad because I really like the headset, but I am on the phone constantly at work and cant afford for the mic to go out. Previously, Verizon had me reset the phone but all that did is make me spend a lot of time getting my phone back the way it was.04-19-2014 05:39 PM
- I have a SGS3 and the 750. Yesterday my headset started doing the exact same thing you guys are talking about: earbuds work, but microphone doesn't work at all. Mine is completely deal now. It was intermittent before, but now it just seems totally deal.
Have tried re-pairing but that does nothing.
I am running Android 4.3
Anybody have any resolutions?04-20-2014 06:00 PM
- I have two Lg 730,s
Bought one for my daughters Samsung phone that uses Virgin Mobile the other is for my phone using HTC M8 thre Verizon
Every things works fine except the long press on both!!. Neither headset will communicate with the "voice commands"
The radio works, answer phone call works, volume works and "double tap" will give you last call recall but you CAN NOT activate voice commands period!
I went into the Verizon corporate store and synced the LG 750 with exactly the same issue. As a matter of fact all the Verizon representatives trying to sell the LG garbage had the exact same issue with the ones they had around their neck when they tried to activate voice commands!!!! Funny they quip about the "speaker quality" but care less that they know you cant place calls with the garbage!! Test it. go into a Verizon store and ask them to demonstrate the LG 750 activating voice commands with any brand. We tried LG, Samsung, Motorola, HTC.. All with the same exact issues. All brand new.. All in Verizon Corporate!!
It is a problem with the LG TONES and not the updates and not the carrier. I have a Black out, a Plantronics, a moto silver, and an old motorola none of which have issues and all of which can activate call and voice commands with the updates.
DO NOT BUY THE LG TONES IF YOU PLAN TO USE THEM FOR DRIVING OR BLUE TOOTH COMMUNICATIONS!!04-20-2014 07:24 PM
- As an update I contacted LG technical Support @ 1-800-793-8896 regarding the matter. I was told (quote) " We dont understand Sir. No one is reporting any such issue."(end quote).... when I gave them the address to the Verizon corporate store I went into and explained to them EVERY SINGLE ONE in the store including the ones still in boxes (730 & 750 models) all had the exact same issue their brainache statement was (quote) " Well Sir just return the headset, it must be a headset issue"(end quote).... Completely ignoring the fact that an entire stores worth of their merchandise is faulty and has been proven to be such..
What do we take from this? 1st. LG is fully aware their product has issues. 2nd. LG doesn't care. 3rd. L.G. isn't going to fix it and will continue to try and sell as much broken junk and remaking it as possible..
My suggestion? 1st Call LG as many times and as often as possible. flood the consumer tech and complaint lines.
2nd Also call your carrier tech support lines. If The phone companies stop carrying LG's garbage it wont take long and they will straighten up. They may not listen to 1 customer but they will listen to 1000,s when their billions in profits start to shrink.(corporations are like politicians they dont care about the little people until their wallets start to hurt)
3rd Add as many verifiable and accurate posts describing the issues as possible to protect other potential consumers as well.04-21-2014 08:22 AM
- No MarriettaMan I dont think it is an update issue because we went in 4/18/2014 to a Verizon corporate store and tried the 750 and 730 models in the store along with many different phones using kitkat, jellybean, and ice cream sandwich os,s all with the exact same issue of not functioning with the long press command prompts for voice commands. Interesting thing to note is that the plantronics,motorola, blue ant, and Jabra systems all functioned perfectly well still. my suggestion is until LG gets a grip on their issue purchase one of the products from the companies I noted earlier if you look for 100% blue tooth and voice command functionality.
** my research and testing has been done with the aide of the Verizon wireless tech support in a corporate location using my own products and Verizon's products as well. ( I note this so it is clear that everything I have stated has been independently verified by technical professionals)04-21-2014 08:30 AM
- I wonder if these headphones work with the LG phones???? I just went a round with the LG Customer service rep. long story short' "We are unaware of any problem with this device." I even referred them to this post...which they still claimed they knew nothing about. So, I told him I wanted to make this issue well know to LG. He gave me a case number after I told him I'd call to check and see if he put anything in as I requested. Glad this world is getting crappier by the day when it comes to real customer service...just look at the issue already and stop pretending nothing is wrong!04-22-2014 12:49 PM
- I'm stunned so many are having this issue. I have the LG Tone 730 and have had absolutely no problems with it on my Note 2. I've even recommended them to 2 friends who use them with their S3 and S4 respectively, and they have zero problems with their headsets. I use mine all day long to listen to Pandora at work (literally ALL DAY LONG, 9 hours straight, and they work for half an hour after I get home too) and use voice commands and make phone calls and have my text messages read to me using the LG app you can download (BT Reader+). I've never had a single problem with this headset at all in the 4 months I've been using my headset. I even let my friend borrow my headset for a week for use on his Nexus 4 and he had zero problems as well.
I came into this thread looking for the reason the S-Voice function keeps turning off the Voice Prompt when the S-Voice app is closed. Not sure why I was directed here. I wish I could offer some sort of help/sol'n. maybe there is a setting in the phone somewhere that needs to be toggled to make everything work properly. Try installing the BT Reader+ app and see if anything changes.04-23-2014 11:52 AM
- Samsung S5 with LG Tone Pro HBS-750 both from Verizon last week. SAME problem as y'all where I can hear fine, but randomly, it mutes my mic. I need to click BlueTooth off then on quickly to reset it during the call and it recovers immediately. This happens randomly and frequently. I returned to the VerizonWireless store, and they swapped the Tone immediately. I thought it was fixed, but identical problems today. I even ensured my MAC had BlueTooth off. I've powered down the Tone, powered off the phone, and same problem. HELP! Otherwise, I'm in love with this headset; convenient and always ready when I need it.04-25-2014 12:40 PM
- I just bought an S5 and an LG-HBS750 and am having this issue constantly. I went to Verizon and they replaced both. Still the same problems. It's driving me crazy. I had the same issue with my S3 and HBS730. They said the upgrades would fix it....no dice. I am thinking of returning them all... I bought them for the whole family.04-25-2014 04:25 PM
- Just returned the 750 back to the Verizon store. They say I was the first person to return one of the LGs. Not buying it. I exchanged for the Motorola Buds but once I got home and tried it on, I was not happy. It was too snug around my neck and cant imagine what it would be like with a collared shirt. Too bad about the LG, though, if it wasn't for the mic going out, I was very happy with it. Back to an in the ear Plantronics for now until either Samsung or LG get their act together.04-26-2014 11:50 AM
- I also experienced a problem using the voice dialing feature on the LG 750 headset. After experiencing much frustration, I was able to get the voice dialing to work by doing the following:
---Downloaded blue tooth reader app as suggested in a previous post.
---confirmed S Voice was active and up to date.
---connected the headset to my phone via Bluetooth
---on my phone, I went to settings, Bluetooth, and tapped on the cog next to the the connected Bluetooth headset. This opened a menu to establish a connection for both music and phone. I checked both. Now I am able to use the voice dialing feature on my headset. Hope this works for you.04-26-2014 02:12 PM
- I returned mine to Verizon Store, and they easily swapped it, thinking it was a faulty unit. Same thing happened with the new unit. Today it was so bad, cut out 3x on a client call. I'm back to the wired headset until this gets figured out. I want to use the Tone!Just returned the 750 back to the Verizon store. They say I was the first person to return one of the LGs. Not buying it. I exchanged for the Motorola Buds but once I got home and tried it on, I was not happy. It was too snug around my neck and cant imagine what it would be like with a collared shirt. Too bad about the LG, though, if it wasn't for the mic going out, I was very happy with it. Back to an in the ear Plantronics for now until either Samsung or LG get their act together.04-28-2014 10:54 AM
- LG HBS750: LG TONE PRO. The Essential Audio Solution for Life on the Go | LG USA
Y'all should go to LG's site and post a review. I just did.04-28-2014 01:34 PM
- I did Edge and am on my second S5 in two weeks...same problem : (
I also did write to LG customer service. However, I have been experiencing my microphone cutting out on my S5 without the Tones so I am not sure what the problem is. Very frustrating. I have another call in to Verizon.04-28-2014 02:28 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S3
LG Tone+ Bluetooth headset HBS-730 microphone problem
- By David Lessnau in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 14Last Post: 12-23-2015, 08:35 AM
- By skarfs84 in forum Sprint LG G2Replies: 8Last Post: 03-27-2014, 03:29 PM
- By warblad13 in forum Nexus 5 AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 02-16-2014, 08:27 PM
- By framncru in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 1Last Post: 01-23-2014, 06:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD