Galaxy S3 - Multiple service failure

simon-dee

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Good morning/afternoon/evening boys/girls,

I am a UK O2 customer with a contractual Samsung Galaxy S3 mobile. I have just started having issues tonight with my phone. The last thing I was able to do before crashing was open up an email through the default email app (where you can setup your own POP/SMTP style account). I then received a gray notification stating "Unfortunately, email has stopped" to which I clicked OK, but received another within about four seconds (the phone was unresponsive during this period), stating "Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped" again I clicked OK. I've since has perpetual loops, changing with no rhyme or reason between the following:-

"Unfortunately, email has stopped"
"Unfortunately, Nfc Service has stopped"
"Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped"
"Unfortunately, S Suggest has stopped"

These messages come up relentlessly, even after reset, and battery replacement. I'm unable to access anything on the phone, with the very occasional ability to click on something. My phone has effectively bricked. I have recently (about two months ago) switched on automatic application updating through Play Store when on Wifi, and I was using Wifi when the crashing began, however don't recall any apps having updated.

Yesterday, my phone kept notifying me that Play Store had updates for my apps, even though I had the "notification" aspect of updates switched off. I had to go into Settings of Play Store about three times, switching the notification option off, then closing, as it kept coming back on. Finally seemed to stick after the third or fourth time, and I thought nothing more of it.

I'm not able to give any OS details, as I haven't updated firmware in a while (about a year), and can't remember.

I would be extremely grateful for any assistance available, other than "Do a Factory Reset" as I'm aware of this option as a last resort.

Many many thanks in advance

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Since a Factory Reset appears to be an unfavorable solution, you could try booting into Recovery mode and clear the system cache.

You could also try booting into Safe mode to see if the device is at least stable enough to allow for a backup.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC